Monday, March 2, 2009

amazing !

>
> I am someone that lurks but as my family has had some experience with
> what you are asking about I decided to respond.
>
> My husband was DX Apr93 at the age of 39 in acute renal failure
> w/IGAN (no earlier symptoms that we knew of), he rec'd a 6/6 antigen
> transplant from his brother Oct93 that lasted until Apr03 his failure
> in 2003 was a reoccurance of IGAN. Our son donated (Apr03) but then
> this kidney failed DX Jan08 due to chronic failure. He's been on
> dialysis since Jan09 but we have been cleared for another transplant
> scheduled for Aprl 7. I will donate this time. He has been told that
> he has a very aggressive form of IGAN. So we have gone into each
> transplant hoping for longevity but have known that there isn't any
> guarantees and to do the best you can and to make the most of each
> opportunity.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment